Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I like Mike

Not Ignatieff in this instance - still making my mind up about him - but Finnerty. They say you should learn one new thing every day, and today I learned that Mike Finnerty, the host of CBC Montreal's morning radio show Daybreak, is moving to London to become the Guardian's new multimedia editor. This is possibly my dream job of all time (second only to being the Observer Food Monthly's chief pie taster), so I'm thrilled to see it go to a fellow Montrealer.

It's also been a sobering reminder of just how much experience you need to rack up before getting a gig with the Grauniad: Eight years working as a reporter for CBC radio, followed by a decade as a BBC News correspondent before becoming Daybreak host in 2007. I've a ways to go yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home