Monday, June 15, 2009

In Solidarity.

A few people have asked me for my take on the recent Iranian presidential elections. Those who have followed this blog for any length of time will be aware that I very rarely make any sort of public commentary on Iranian politics. This is not through lack of interest--far from it--but more due to family reasons. The state of things is such that if any anything I write here were to be traced back to me or my family, it could make things difficult for them if they need to enter Iran for whatever reason. So, for this reason, I have always held back, and will continue to do so for awhile yet.

Despite this, I am adding my name to those who are contesting the official results. After all, if you have nothing to hide, why not let in some impartial observers?

Also, at the risk of being a hypocritical wuss, here are some links to other bloggers and groups who are covering the unfolding events more passionately than I:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home