Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh for god's sake

This is ridiculous, I haven't posted here for ages. And the sad thing is, it's not because I'm especially busy. It's because I've finally given up and joined Facebook. And let me tell you, it's more addictive than crack. I've always had a bit of a voyeur streak in me, and if there's anything more voyeuristic than reading someone's (semi) private thoughts on a blog, it's discovering people you haven't seen in nearly 20 years and seeing what they look like now, where they live, and just about everything else you could imagine. The really sad thing is that I haven't actually contacted any of them, nor do I remotely intend to. Because, hey, if I had wanted to keep in touch, I already would have, right? Even worse are the jocks from high school who never gave me the time of day 10 years ago and who now suddenly want to "add me to their friend list", presumably to make it seem like they have more friends than anyone else. Plus ça change! It's all very teen-tastic and I feel way too old for it, but.....but........ I CAN'T LOOK AWAY. People I had forgot even existed are on there, and I truly don't know why I care, but it's just fascinating.

Anyway. Will try to talk about something adult for a change. Feminism anyone? New post coming right up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home