Friday, October 20, 2006

Acid Burn, meet Zero Cool!

Dude. I've only ever met someone off the internet once before, but it was nothing like last night. Have you ever met a large group of bloggers "in the flesh" for the first time? It's like that scene in the (now charmingly dated) movie Hackers where the two main characters meet up, then realise who they really are by discovering their screen names. "YOU'RE Zero Cool?" etc.

So yes. Quite by accident, I found myself being introduced to the minds behind Dave's Part and Stroppyblog by the man behind Gauche, who then took it upon himself to explain to them that "M**** is Lady M". The whole thing had a clandestine feel to it that was in turns nerdily enjoyable and vaguely disturbing. A bit like being in the Druids, I expect. Still, the company was good, a fun time was had by all, and I learned more about who works where, who knows whom and who's shagged whom than I ever expected - or indeed wanted - to know. Bonza! I look forward to Round Two when I have a bit more cash to spare on copious volumes of alcohol.

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2006 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh, well I don't see the need for childish nicknames to hide my true identity behind.

 
At October 20, 2006 2:47 pm, Blogger Lady M said...

Tee hee. Yes dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home