Friday, March 24, 2006

I ♥ MEAT

After a week of consuming nothing but salmon, mackerel and three-bean stew as sources of protein, I am extremely annoyed to find out that oily fish rich in Omega-3 have apparently got none of the bountiful health-preserving benefits that scientists have ascribed to them for decades. None!

I normally don't write about this kind of thing, but I'm just a little ticked off after the past month, which has seen me move in with a vegetarian flatmate who immediately chastised my 'overeating' of meat (one lamb supper, one chicken, in the space of a week), informing me that I could get cancer if I continued in the same vein. Of course, being a spineless sheep, I didn't tell her to mind her own business, but instead agreed to cut down on meat and focus more on fish and "pulses" (yuck); a dastardly combination that can play havoc with the innards of the unsuspecting newcomer.

Well no more, dammit! Tonight I fully intend to consume the bloodiest, meatiest thing I can find at the local Tesco's, and not feel guilty about it even for a second. I might even buy some of that Danish bacon that's become so fashionable with right-on free-speech advocates everywhere. Support free speech! March on Trafalgar Square! There you are, see: still a nice person even though I eat dead animals. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home