Thursday, January 19, 2006

7x7 Challenge

Jumping on the bandwagon, moi? What did you expect?

7 things to do before I die:

1. Go to Tahiti.
2. Do my part to rejuvenate the Liberal party in Quebec.
3. Appear in a music video (some teenage dreams never die).
4. Get a column.
5. Get filthy rich.
6. And donate huge quantities to anti-poverty/homelessness/AIDS organisations.
7. But still keep enough to buy an alpine retreat in the Rockies.


7 things I cannot do:

1. Get over my fear of spiders. My flatmates will attest to this.
2. Stand people who talk over me when I clearly haven't finished.
3. Come to terms with the fact the some of the people I have known since childhood have now joined the Conservative Party.
4. Fully understand the complexities of macro-economics.
5. Kartwheels.
6. Demonstrate any kind of ability at team sports.
7. Sing!


7 things that attract me to London:

1. The westward view down the Thames from the Millennium Bridge. I never tire of it.
2. Feeling you're caught in the eye of the storm. Not always a good thing, but addictive nonetheless.
3. The diversity of those who live here.
4. Living history, whether its the Ashes glory tour or the aftermath of 7/7.
5. The fact that good bands actually come touring here more often than Halley's comet.
6. The anonymity.
7. The sense of opportunity.


7 things I often say:

1. That's just ridiculous.
2. Oh for fuck's sake.
3. Meow.
4. Gin! Giiiiiin.
5. C'est des choses qui arrivent, là (roughly translated as, "Shit happens").
6. Do you want bhajis with that?
7. I hate everything.


7 books that I love:

1. Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)
2. The Picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)
3. The Buddha of Suburbia (Hanif Kureishi)
4. Persepolis (Marjane Satrapi)
5. Divorcing Jack (Colin Bateman)
6. The Edible Woman (Margaret Atwood)
7. Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)


7 movies I watch over and over again:

1. Jesus, have I even seen seven movies?
2. Those who know me know that I'm not a big film buff at all.
3. But suffice it to say
4. Since first meeting my boyfriend
5. I have been subjected to repeat viewings of several movies
6. Some of dubious quality
7. Including Zoolander, FUBAR, Zatoichi and Dawn of the Dead.


7 people I want to join in too:

1. Paul Anderson (just because I know he never will)
2. Hak Mao (oh, turns out she already has)
3. Gene at Harry's Place
4. JoBlog
5. Neville!
6. Nick Cohen
7. Eric the Unread


3 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 12:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Get over my fear of spiders. My flatmates will attest to this.

Indeed.

 
At January 23, 2006 5:00 pm, Blogger Lady M said...

"According to the news, they are toast in Quebec."

Too right. And you know why that is? Because for the past eight years, they have been led by a Tory! And not just any Tory, but the former leader of the "Progressive Conservative Party" of yore.

In more exciting news, Anderson has taken up the 7x7 challenge at my behest! Go Anderson! Go me!

 
At January 26, 2006 7:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Lady M, I've taken up your 7x7 Challenge.

My efforts are on:
http://nevilles-tottenhamblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/7x7-challenge.html.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home