Monday, May 09, 2005

Vive le Q!

I had completely forgotten how much fun Quebecers can be. Was out with a few of them last night, and you'll forgive me for being partisan, but I think they're quite possibly the coolest people on the planet. Think about it: they've got all the joie de vivre and the chain-smoking insouciance of the French, but without being snobbish or stuck up. They can knock back the pints with the best (or worst, depending on how you see it) of the English, but are liberated from the all-pervading class consciousness that divides people for no apparent reason. If I ever feel the need to pack up and move back to Montreal, at least I know I'll be in good company. I think the real problem with the place is the Anglo Quebecers. Bunch of uptight killjoys. No wonder the pékistes want to separate.

All together now: Vive le Québec.... Vive le Québec libre!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home