Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Bitch is Back

Sadie the guide dog, that is, not her master David Blunkett. But I have to say, it is kind of good to see the old dog himself back in the Cabinet as well, blunt and uncompromising as ever. On Breakfast With Frost this morning, when asked how he would be greeting George Galloway - the new Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow - when they would meet in the Commons, he said: "I don't think I shall be greeting him at all. The people of Bethnal Green voted for him. They're welcome to him." Stick it to the man, Dave!

That said, I'm extremely glad the ID-card issue has now been removed from his remit. Hopefully the whole issue will melt into obscurity now. I think Blunkett's hard-man approach will be put to better use as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, an area where we need serious help, and soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home