Friday, June 09, 2006

This World Cup, I will mostly be supporting...

... Paraguay.

Not because of any particular affinity to the tiny South American country, but simply because I have just drawn it out of a hat for the office World Cup sweepstakes.

And I love office sweepstakes. :)




Still though, this leaves me in a bit of a bind, because I was planning to do a top 10 random facts thingy on whoever I picked. Instead, it seems the Grauniad has pipped me to the post and doubled any effort I was willing to make by printing 20 Things You Didn't Know About Paraguay a couple of days ago. Boooo.

However, here's one disappointing fact that the Guardian didn't think to mention. Catherine Bennett, are you listening?

There are NO fit blokes on the Paraguay team. Not one. One of them's even sporting a nasty eye infection in his official World Cup pic. Ewww.


* * *

UPDATE: Well that didn't last long. Can't say I'm surprised, though. I will now be supporting Iran, due to family reasons. The old Islamic Republic has an even less likely chance of making it through to the final rounds, but after seeing the lovely movie Offside yesterday at the Soho Curzon, I can't really support anyone else.

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 9:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer Paraguyan man's a charmer isn't he? "Never mind the conjunctivitis love, let me tackle you in the box." Fnrr, fnrr (Catherine Bennet get lost).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home